8.17.2008

where oh where could that dolly be...

Jozlyn and I were at the mall on a typical Wednesday. Jozlyn was all set with her sippy, cheerios, blankee and dolly and I was all ready for some good old fashion window shopping. After about 1 hour and a cute new shirt we were ready to leave. I start to get Jozlyn's things together. Sippy...check, blankee...check, dolly...dolly? Dolly was no where to be found. I started breathing heavy, I got nervous. Dolly was Jozlyn's favorite. She hugs that thing so tight when she sleeps, shares her cheerios, juice and even paci with her. Dolly is a part of our family, and I lost her. I LOST HER! What kind of mommy am I?

I tried to act calm and reassure myself that we would find her, or worst case scenario we would (gasp) buy another dolly. Truthfully though, on the inside I wanted to freak out. We spent a good hour retracing our steps in the mall, only to come up empty handed. I decided to try one more place. As I walk very fast into the store frantically looking on the ground a young girl asks me if I lost a doll. I wanted to cry and jump up and down and say yes yes yes yes. But calmly I said, "yes, did you find one?". She found dolly!!

When I saw that beat up, dirty, stuffed doll I fought the urge to kiss and squeeze that doll right there in the middle of the store, but I held back and eagerly gave Dolly to Jozlyn. Was Jozlyn excited to see Dolly? Well, for about 1 second until she threw her on the floor. I digress. Looks like mommy is the one with the Dolly obsession.



jozlyn and her dolly




but really it's like this.....

3 comments:

Megan Brueseke said...

lol. i can see myself doing the same thing - funny what we do for the happiness of our little ones, isn't it? she's adorable...i hope to see you guys soon!

Jess said...

Yes, hilarious and so true! We recently lost Avery's piggy. It HAS to be in our house but I've torn every remote place up and finally her and I got on the internet and ordered a replacement. It should be here Monday...cross your fingers that she'll take to it like her old one. Eek!

Love the blog by the way!

Unknown said...

That is such a cute story...don't worry!! Hopefully she has a favorite new dolly that her auntie Cory and auntie Josie picked out!!! :)

playlist


About me

heidijkeene@gmail.com