8.28.2008

Bring The Rain

I have been reading a few different blogs lately of mothers having to go through the unthinkable. I am constantly amazed at these women...Christian women, and how they deal with their tragedies. It has been on my mind at lot lately to say the least. Their stories of loss and how the Lord has been glorified throughout it is mind boggling. Thousands and thousands of people are brought to their blog sites via the Internet and are forever changed. SAVED.

One blog in particular called Bring the Rain is named after a song by a Christian group called Mercy Me. Here is a verse from the song (it should also be playing right about now thanks to this great site!):
I can count a million times
People asking me how can I
Praise You with all that I've gone through
The question just amazes me
Can circumstances possibly
Change who I forever am in You
Maybe since my life was changed
Long before these rainy days
It's never really ever crossed my mind
To turn my back on you, oh Lord
My only shelter from the storm
But instead I draw closer through these times
So I pray
Bring me joy, bring me peace
Bring the chance to be free
Bring me anything that brings You glory
And I know there'll be days
When this life brings me pain
But if that's what it takes to praise You
Jesus, bring the rain



Our Lord, our comforter, is always there.

No temptation has overtaken you except such as is common to man; but God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will also make the way of escape, that you may be able to bear it. (1 Corinthians 10:13)

1 comment:

Megan Brueseke said...

I love this song - it is so powerful. I am continually amazed at these women as well - their strength and faith give me so much courage.

playlist


About me

heidijkeene@gmail.com