5.09.2009

cribs are for babies!

On Friday I put Jozlyn down for her typical afternoon nap in her crib. About 1.5 hrs later I hear a 'knock knock' at her bedroom door...from the inside. Uh-oh! I ran to the door and opened it to find little Jozlyn on the other side just staring at me like "what the heck did I just do?" I didn't hear a thump or anything on the monitor so she must have climbed out like a little monkey but landed gracefully like the sweet polite little girl that she is (oh, come on people..she is!). haha. I hugged and hugged her as we met in her doorway thinking that it could have been a bad situation. Right away I ran to get the tools and pieces I needed to convert that crib to the thing I have been dreading ever since the girl could stand up.... a toddler bed.

Daddy gets home and an hour later we have her new bed all ready. Jozlyn even helped him unscrew the bolts with a crayon. :)

Is it weird that this makes me sad? My first born little baby is no longer in a crib. I was trying not to be that 'emotional pregnant woman' and held back the tears as Jozlyn climbed up into her bed on her own. It seems like just a short time ago we were putting her in that crib for the very first time.

Well, my little toddler is doing GREAT in her new bed. It's such an easier transition (so far) than I thought. Plus, it's one more thing checked off my to-do list before the new baby comes. I'm so proud of my little sweetie pete, and can't believe how she is growing into a little girl right before my eyes.

2 comments:

Megan Brueseke said...

i'm just waiting for the day boden decides to climb out. or dreading it...i'm not sure LOL! I'm so happy it wasn't traumatic for her to move to a big girl bed - so exciting!

The Wiese Family said...

I know exactly how you feel. When Ethan transitioned to his big boy bed, I cried the first time he slept in it. Given, I was 6 months pregnant, so it could've been the hormones, but it was still sad to see him grow up. Just wait until you bring the new baby home and compare him/her to Jozlyn. Jozlyn will seem like she aged an entire year once you compare her to the new one. Ethan seems so much more grown up now that we have Melanie. Congrats on the easy transition to big girl bed. Ours was pretty easy too....maybe that's why it was so sad, to see him ready to grow up

playlist


About me

heidijkeene@gmail.com